Thursday 3 February 2011

From 17 squares

It's amazing what can be done with seventeen 3"squares. This pattern came from a friend of my mothers and can be turned into any sized bag you like, just change the size of the squares.










Don't forget to add lining and handles, I used some more of the camouflage to make the handles and some plain lining. This one is quite small so I don't think it need a catch/clasp.

















I think i'll have a bit more of a play with this design and see what sizes I can come up with. It lends itself well to becoming a reversible bag, and could have several inner and outer pockets on a slightly larger sized one.

 On a completely different note - I discovered my first snowdrop of the year today, and it was in my garden.

JD

1 comment:

  1. That's a super bag Julia, but I don't think the army will go for it!

    ReplyDelete